Pages

Sunday, June 8, 2008

Abbie's dining reviews

So I wanted to start a new item on my website. Mama and Papa said they would help me bring this wonderful information to you… so here it is Abbie’s Dining Reviews…. I will review each restaurant I get to visit …

I have two restaurant to start my reviews with – Bugaboo Creek and Rick’s Road House.








Last week we went to Bugaboo Creek for dinner on Saturday night. There were lots of cars in the parking lot – which made Mama worried about a wait. I don’t like waiting for my food – when I am hungry I want to eat. Well, first when we walked in there was a tree that was talking! I have never seen a tree that talks. He was very cool – he told us a joke – but I don’t remember it now. We got to sit down at a table right away – which was good b/c I was hungry.

I ordered Mac and Cheese, my favorite at any restaurant. It came with applesauce and apple juice. While I waited for my mac and cheese I used my artistic skills to color on the kids menu/coloring book – when I was done it was beautiful art work.

Also, while we were waiting for my mac and cheese – this amazing thing happened. The moose on the wall started to talk! It was crazy and awesome all at the same time. He said a little line about trying every item on the menu – said they were all good – also, said a short joke and then he stopped talking. I didn’t like when he stopped talking – I wanted him to keep talking but Papa said he had to take a nap.

The waitresses kept on stopping by and saying hi to me. They all thought I was a cute little girl (which I am) – so the service gets a very good rating.

My mac and cheese arrived and it was yummy – I tried a little piece of Mama’s broccoli but I didn’t really like that. I ate a lot of my mac and cheese (it is the Kraft kind that you can get in the store.) and I ate a lot of my papa’s baked potato. While I was eating my dinner there were a lot of birthdays being celebrated for all the other people in the restaurant. If seemed like every few minutes the moose puppet was being taken around to sign Happy Birthday to another guest of the Moose. (the waitress never asked if I wanted my ice cream - and we didn't know it came with the dinner till we went online for the link above - so next time I will be sure to request my dessert. A little girl always likes dessert.)

In the end – I liked Bugaboo – it had a lot of cool animals to look at while I was waiting for my dinner. The mac and cheese was ok – but like I said it was the Kraft blue box kind – Mama can make that at home – So maybe you should order something else. I would recommend any other 13 month olds to visit Bugaboo – just make sure they give you a seat with a clear view of the moose – and maybe even tell them it is your birthday so they will come and sign to you.

Todays review.




Me and only me in the dining room - well Papa and Mama we there to - but that is it.

Today I visited Rick’s Roadhouse. It is a fairly new restaurant in the Providence area. It is right near the Providence Children’s Museum. So really you could schedule a fun day of play and BBQ and walk from one place to the other.

Mama and Papa had to park on the road b/c it seems like Rick’s doesn’t have a parking lot. Today this wasn’t an issue since it was so hot outside I think everyone was staying in the air conditioning of their homes or the stores. So we parked under a shady tree (good parking spot Papa) and walked over to the restaurant.

The front of the restaurant was wide open with the adult section (bar) looking out on the road. From what I saw while being carried in… this area of the restaurant only had high top tables, bar seating and pool tables. Sp, we decided to go inside to where we hoped there was air conditioning and tables more my size.

When we walked in it was empty – there was no one in the restaurant except the waiters and waitresses – who were filling gift bags (we learned later they were for a charity golf tournament). We asked if they were open for lunch – I was late for lunch – so I hoped they were b/c I was HUNGRY! They said yes, they are open from 12-12 every day. Since we had the restaurant to ourselves they told us we couple pick where we wanted to sit. So we chose a table off to the side so we were not in the way of them filling the bags.

Our waiter was right there – he should have been we were his only customer. He gave us a picture of ice water and left us with the menus. I already knew what I wanted – mac and cheese, of course. We never saw a kids menu – but the mac and cheese was on the adults menu – so I ordered it from there. Mama said she wanted the pulled pork sandwich and Papa wanted a burger that had ham and cheese on it.

We had to wait a little while for the food – so while I waited Papa gave me a piece of paper from my diaper bag and one of the crayons to draw. (The restaurant didn’t offer me any when we were seated. I am not sure if they didn’t b/c they thought I was too young or if they don’t do that.) I also tried to tell them to hurry up with the mac and cheese by talking really loud – but it wasn’t that long of a wait anyway.

The mac and cheese was tasty – it was a light creamy white cheese – not that fake yellow stuff. I ate only one elbow at a time – so it took me a while – but I ate a bunch of my mac and cheese. Mama also let me have a bite or two of the pulled pork – I ate one small bite – the second bite I spit back out – I just wanted my mac and cheese.

Papa liked his burger – he was surprised when it arrived that it wasn’t a slice of ham like from the deli – it was a thick slice of ham like we would eat at Easter.

After I was done with dinner I took a walk around the restaurant with Mama – it was a little warmer on the bar side – no air conditioning with those big doors open. Everyone was very friendly – everyone we saw said hello – and asked how old I was.

Having the restaurant to myself was great – I loved that Mama didn’t get upset about how loud I was in the restaurant – since there was no one there to complain about it.

In the end I would recommend the mac and cheese – but I wish there was more entertainment for me… there was a really large TV showing ESPN – that made Papa happy – but I only like commercials. But maybe they just forgot to give me a kids menu to "read" and color - or maybe they don't do that. Oh one other thing - this restaurant is "Green" - meaning it is better for the environment - so I like that a lot! I will be going back - to see how it is when there are more people there - not just me and my peeps.

See ya next time at the restaurants!

Hugs,
Abbie :)

No comments: